The Cloister

Only three bays of one of ambulatories of the original cloister still exist. The rest is a reconstruction by Aston Webb between 1923 and 1928, but a good one. It makes a wonderfully atmospheric venue.

In the past it has been a weekday Café, but this was suspended when major demolition and building works began just outside. There are, fortunately, many other café's in the area, especially The Thackeray Coffee House in Charterhouse Square, which is part of the remarkable Sutton's Hospital at The Charterhouse, just two streets away from The Great.

Our Cloister makes a wonderful weekend and evening venue and can be booked for either. It has been used, for example, as a very elegant pop-up restuarant, for receptions of all kinds, parties, lectures, and for jazz evenings. If you would like to discuss hiring it, please contact the Church Manager, Jonathan Eyre, either by emailing church.manager@greatstbarts.comor by calling +44 (0)20 7600 0440.

We use the Cloister for refreshments after the Sunday Solemn Eucharist at 1100. Everyone is welcome!

Inside the Cloister Café Inside the Cloister Café Inside the Cloister Café